This is your comprehensive guide to all things CAH!
Click on our page headers above to learn more information and find resources on Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia.
What’s In A Name?
- Congenital – you are born with a condition
- Adrenal – an important gland that sits above the kidney and is a steroid factory! Making critical stress hormones, male hormones, water-salt balance
- Hyperplasia – enlarged tissue *The adrenal gland gets bigger when it is trying to make cortisol (if the body does not have enough!) *The good news? The adrenal will get smaller once the body has enough cortisol
Clinical & Research efforts:
- Multidisciplinary care of CAH
- Medical and Surgical CAH Center of Excellence at CHLA
- Transition Care
- Ongoing clinical research studies: behavior, heart disease risk, new treatments for CAH
- Southern California CAH Support groups (join an event!)
- Spanish CAH Support Group
- Infant-Toddler Support Group
- Back to School!
- Education materials
- Tips from our CAH Psychologist