This is your comprehensive guide to all things CAH!
Clinical and Research Efforts
- Multidisciplinary care of CAH
- Medical and Surgical CAH Center of Excellence at CHLA
- Transition Care
- Ongoing clinical research studies
- Southern California CAH Support groups (Join an event!)
- Education materials
- Tips from our CAH Psychologist (The Doctor is In)
Tips as you cope with the changes due to COVID-19:
*Refill your medications. Double check your stress-dose medications:
– Work your way up to having 4-6 Actovial kits at home
– Check the Actovial boxes before leaving the pharmacy – it should say Actovial (not just Solucortef powder).
– Make sure you have your oral medications for stress dosing.
*Some of you have heard of a shortage in hydrocortisone manufactured by Greenstone (has “Cortef” stamped on the tablets) due to a distributor issue. You can still obtain generic hydrocortisone from manufacturers Impax and Vensun at pharmacies. Brand name Cortef is also available for those who are authorized to obtain brand name.
*Keep up general hygiene! Tips from CHLA:
- Regularly wash hands with warm water and soap for at least 20 seconds. If soap is not available, use alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth as much as possible.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue that can be thrown away immediately.
- Clean and disinfect surfaces that are frequently touched at home, work and school.
- Stay home if you are sick.